As a Site Electrician/Maintenance Lead you will be responsible for managing all engineering & maintenance requirements within our Industrial Coatings site in Auckland. This includes preventative maintenance, timely response to breakdowns and working closely with the ANZ project team on capital projects for the plant, equipment, building upgrades and improvements.
At PPG, maximising our uptime is critical to achieving operational targets and as such we have a commitment to ensure that equipment is maintained to the highest standards. This position is based on Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm with some flexibility offered around the start and finish times!
- Manage all scheduled inspections, testings and maintenance to ensure safe operating conditions and reliability of the plant and equipment.
- Install, inspect, repair, maintain and overhaul electrical systems or equipment
- Ensure process & record work orders are recorded in an accurate manner for all electrical work
- Develop, implement and sustain a system to schedule, track and document all Engineering/Maintenance related tasks.
- Spare parts inventory control
- Follow PPG's strict Health, Safety and Environment standards
- Make an active contribution to the team environment, through sharing knowledge and collaborating with each other
- A fully qualified Electrician certified to work in a Zone 1 explosive atmosphere
- A strong electrical engineering background with 5 years minimum experience working within an industrial manufacturing facility
- Prior exposure to working in hazardous and dangerous goods environments along with a sound knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Ability to manage, organise and prioritise time while working under pressure
- Computer literate with good Microsoft office skills
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday ? everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD?
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are ?One PPG? to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday ? everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email [email protected]
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.