SelectSkills Recruitment Solutions
Utilities Business Unit Manager ? Three Waters
Leadership role to ensure the efficient operational management of the Utilities division for a Civil Construction company. Manage project delivery, new & existing business development, tendering & project negotiations.
About the Company
The company is a market leader in the Civil Construction industry who provides diverse multi-disciplined civil engineering infrastructure capabilities such as the construction of sub-divisions, roads and bridges, storm water drainage, pumping stations, water and wastewater treatment plants, as well as piling, wharf construction, precast concrete elements, and landscaping.
Job Duties - not limited to:
- Team management, promoting a team approach within the business unit.
- Provide leadership, coaching and drive team motivation & engagement.
- Staff management including conflict resolution, holding staff meetings, and taking disciplinary action as and when required.
- Provide technical leadership to the business, staff, and wider company.
- Monitoring forward work, programming, and manipulation of resources to suit client demands.
- Maintain and work to continually improve management systems (including but not exclusive to Health and Safety, Quality, and Information Management Systems).
- Ensuring concise contract / project files are accurately maintained.
- Prepare contract claims and collect payments and retentions.
- Providing a very high level of customer service (internal and external).
- Working with other Business Unit Managers to maximize divisional resource utilisation and operational efficiency.
- Prepare timely and accurate quotations and tenders with a commitment to company-wide work procurement and the maintenance of margins.
- Project level procurement.
- Contract administration including project and business unit reporting and preparing monthly progress claims.
- Administer contracts and sub-contracts.
- Preparation and placing of sub-contract orders / agreements.
- Providing input and guidance to contractual variations.
- Actively seek new work and provide input to works being tendered or delivered to support the team with operational judgment or advice.
- Review new contracts agreement/tender documents identify key risks, to ensure compliance with acceptable risk profile.
Skills & Qualification Requirements:
- Civil Engineering Tertiary level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Current driver?s license.
- 10 years plus extensive practical experience in three waters utilities - sewer, stormwater and potable water.
- Practical experience in Civil engineering/project work.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Strong business development ability.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Proven well developed interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Alternatively, register your profile online via our website: www.selectskills.co.nz / or email your resume to: [email protected]
Only Candidates with the right to live and work in New Zealand can be considered.
For future vacancy notifications, follow SelectSkills Recruitment Solutions on Facebook & Instagram (@selectskills.nz) or on LinkedIn (@SelectSkills)