Dan Cosgrove 2014 Ltd is the winner of the 2018 Business Excellence Awards Large Business and Supreme winners for South Canterbury. For more information see our website http://www.dancosgrove.co.nz.
You will be working for an iconic NZ made brand with an excellent industry reputation and exceptional customer service. Dan Cosgrove 2014 Ltd is a locally owned and operated company manufacturer of roofing and cladding, silos/water tanks, structural steel, sheet metal/metal work. We offer a permanent position based in Timaru. This could be either a full-time or part-time position depending on the successful applicant.
We are looking for a competent accountant who can develop strong business partnering relationships across the business. You will be a confident and articulate communicator who will be able to converse with non-financial people helping them to understand results and opportunities. Your role will be varied and will include:
- Managing the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions alongside the Company Administrator
- Accurate monthly financial reporting
- Analysis of results, identifying opportunities for improvements
- Investigate any discrepancies in manufacturing margins
- Job costing
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Weekly payroll using ACE Payroll
- Filing of all taxation returns including PAYE, GST and FBT
Being able to analyse and understand financial results is a must, as is being able to understand and explain variances.
You will have:
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience using Xero is essential
- Prior experience using the Ostendo accounting package is a huge advantage
- The ability to quickly pick up an understanding of new software
- An understanding around job costing and manufacturing (bill of materials)
- The ability to analyse and explain variances and margins in financial statements
- Experience with implementing new systems and processes preferred
- The ability to prepare financial statements to review stage
- A can-do attitude with the ability to jump straight into a task
- Self-motivated and reliable
- The ability to build positive relationships
We are in the midst of changing the way we do things here by implementing new systems and processes. If you are the type of person who is process improvement focused, is an idea?s person who loves to roll their up sleeves and get stuck in with a proactive approach then this could be the role for you!
You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We will be moving quickly so if you are interested in a role which has plenty of variety get in touch today!
Applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
Please email your cover letter and CV to Gary Fahey, Managing Director, [email protected] A job description is available on request.