Operating since 1973, BTW is an innovative, solutions-focused group of Engineers, Planners, Surveyors, Environmental Scientists, UAV pilots, 3D Scanning Specialists, and Land and GIS experts. BTW?s staff of over 70 professionals are leaders in their fields with unparalleled experience on projects, both in New Zealand and overseas. BTW?s multidisciplinary teams operate from offices in New Plymouth and Hamilton.
We are looking to grow our New Plymouth civil engineering team - this is the chance for you to begin an exciting journey with BTW Company as a Civil Engineer who specialises in 3 waters generally, you may have a strength in one particular area (water, wastewater or stormwater). You will become a core part of the engineering team based in New Plymouth and also work closely with our engineering team in Hamilton. At BTW you will enjoy our flat structure and will feel that your contribution makes a tangible difference.
We have several great projects lined up and would like to have an experienced Three Waters Civil Engineer hit the ground running with us as soon as possible.
You will also look to undertake some of these aspects, depending on your skill set:
- Provide engineering design services to clients, using practical engineering solutions in a timely fashion. This includes following/designing the project from identification of issues through to construction of physical works remedies.
- Undertake civil design, investigations and report and sketches to a professional and relevant standards.
- Undertake project management, contract documentation and supervision and client liaison, as required.
- Undertake other civil engineering work and assist others within the engineering team as workload and your skillset allows.
You will need:
- Diploma or degree equivalent in Engineering
- Preferably in excess of 5 years? experience with work related to civil design or civil engineering.
- NZ working experience over a period of time
- Preferably knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D, though not mandatory
- Experienced capability and knowledge of civil engineering
- Engineering design knowledge
- Good spoken English and ability to articulate issues and solutions
- Timeliness of deliverables
- Active listening skills - giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Critical thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Competitive remuneration, and paid overtime.
- Flexi-time which provides an excellent work-life balance
- A fantastic employee-led Training and Development Programme.
- An engaging Leadership Team who will support and nurture your career.
- You must be eligible to work in New Zealand and have NZ work experience to be considered for this position.
If this sounds like you, please express your interest in the role by clicking ?Apply for this job? and complete the application form, attach a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
This is an ongoing vacancy and suitable candidates will be contacted within 10 business days of their application
For any queries or a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please phone Ian Steele ? Director Engineering on 027 688 1441 or [email protected]?