This role would provide management and leadership to our dedicated team of Landscapers and Vegetation Control workers which includes Operations Manager, Supervisors and approx. 18 field crew.
The scope of works is broad with a wide variety of works for public and private clients across the region, which can include:
- mass planting of native plants on land development projects (over 60,000 plants planted in the past 4yrs on one site alone), follow up maintenance works following plantings and landscaping works
- Street scaping projects both soft and hard landscaping
- Vegetation control works on the Central Otago State highway network
- Agriculture spraying using our modern boom sprayer
Working with the Executive Manager this position will implement strategic plans for successful operations and profitable business growth. You will strengthen and enhance existing partnerships and grow new relationships using your proven organisation development skills.
Whitestone Contracting Ltd have a strong focus on quality, health and safety and the environment, the successful applicant will have an important role in maintaining this culture.
- Identify, pursue, and implement growth opportunities
- Directly support the company?s strategic direction and activity of our organisation
- Lead and manage financials, planning, forecasting, reporting and compliance
- Price Landscaping and Vegetation Control works to provide strong forward workload for this area of the business
- Oversee all organisational operations and activity to ensure a safe, efficient and profitable operation is maintained
- Maintain a proactive relationship within the business with all clients
- Provide growth and develop your team to enable growth opportunities within the organisation
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in the Landscaping/Horticulture industry with project delivery experience in this field
- Strong ability to manage relationships and provide growth opportunities through customer relations and tender management
- Experience in Project planning and financial control including budgeting and forecasting financial positions
- Strong technical capabilities in the Landscaping and Horticulture field
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
If this sounds like you, and you are a team player who can add value to our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Whitestone Contracting Limited is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo and satisfactorily pass a medical and drug test, and a Ministry of Justice check prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close on 12 March 2021
Please submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected] [link removed]