Sims Pacific Metals is part of Sims Metal Management, which is one of the world?s largest metal recyclers. With our established national presence, we are uniquely placed to deliver exceptional service to our customers across the country. Our robust systems, modern technology and dedicated health and safety practices allow us to lead the way with service in every capacity.
We are looking for a driven individual with strong time management to join our Auckland Branch. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join an experienced and professional team. This role offers a unique ever-changing role that requires attention to detail working for a global market leader within an established team, with opportunities to develop and grow both within the role and the business.
Some of the tasks involved in this position include, but are not restricted to face to face interaction daily with customers, processing and upgrading material.
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and direct traffic
- Be able to work autonomously
- Physically Fit ? Ability to help customers unload where required
- Enthusiasm and excellent work ethic with desire to continue to grow and develop skills
- Ability to be flexible with working hours
- Honest and reliable character, with strong customer focus
- Strong Health & Safety mindset
- A positive attitude and team player approach
- Knowledge of scrap metal would be an advantage but not essential
?At Sims Metal Management together we are a diverse group of people who are supported by our Equal Opportunity Policy, which values the benefits of our talented workforce. Working together we achieve our goals and contribute to our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Transparency, Excellence and Social Responsibility?.
An excellent remuneration package will be available to the right candidate.
The successful applicant must hold valid NZ work rights, and will be required submit to pre-employment testing including background checks, a full medical assessment and drug & alcohol testing
To submit your application please send your CV and covering letter to Ben Ziolo ? Auckland Non-Ferrous Yard Manager.
Applications close 17:00pm on Friday 26th February
Sims Pacific Metals, Cnr Kahu & Manu St, Otahuhu, Auckland.