Company: Height Access Technology Limited (HAT) is one of NZ?s premier Industrial Rope Access Companies. Established in September 2004, managed and directed by Adrian van den Bemd.
Role Purpose: To build key partnerships and providing competitive estimates in accordance with clients? needs, working closely with the project team to deliver outstanding projects in alignment with the company?s vision, mission and values.
Company fields of expertise - Industrial Rope Access - Rigging - Environmental - Building Maintenance -Glazing - Sealing - Coating Systems - Billboards - Signage - Media & Theatre Rigging - Fall Protection Systems ? Safety Netting and Auditing. Recertification?s are carried out annually as required by AS/NZS Standard 1891 (Industrial Fall Arrest Systems & Devices) and AS/NZS 4488 (Industrial Rope Access Systems).
Our Vision - New Zealand?s premier height access provider.
Our Mission - Achieving success by providing our clients with innovative, safe and cost-effective height access solutions that exceed their expectations.
We aim to provide our Employees with a career pathway they feel passionate about.
- Creativity & Flexibility is used in dealing with problems and solutions
- Reliability provides certainty for everyone involved with HAT
- Enthusiasm grows success and engagement
- Integrity allows promises to be kept and for rules to be followed
- Quality & Timeliness says the we care and respect one another
- Communication is a chance to respond verses reacting and this shapes leaders
- Conversation is always positive and builds relationships
It is our aim that these values are used in ALL avenues of our business and while dealing with employees, clients, suppliers and competitors.
The Role: The Estimator reports to the Managing Director and will be a significant part of the management team. You will be a driven leader with the capability to win strategic contracts. Key to your success will be your ability to identify opportunities and offer intelligent solutions while improving contract margins. You will liaise with existing and potential clients and build relationships that allow you to acquire an intimate knowledge of each customer's key needs to ensure Height Access Technology Limited delivers a service tailored to client?s needs. You will be experienced in building maintenance projects in our above fields of expertise, identifying and pricing variations, as well as being astute at project budget control. You will be business savvy, understand building contracts/plans and construction processes, and be a good negotiator.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Uncompromising with planning to meet tender deadlines.
- Extensive experience in tendering building maintenance projects.
- Able to review and interpret contract requirements from plans, specifications and schedules to accurately and effectively prepare estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of projects, products and services as well as track actual costs relative to estimates as the project progresses.
- Work with the project delivery team to pre-empt, identify and effectively price variations
- Seek and select competitive supplier and sub-contractors? prices and build and maintain robust supplier and subcontractor relationships.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Effective communication with clients, engineers, architects, project delivery teams and other contract stake holders.
- Strong leadership, management and relationship skills and effective conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
- Good written, verbal and computer skills, hardworking, motivated and willing to go the extra mile.
- Health and safety system and compliance knowledge.
- Measure and Monitor Key Performance Indicators.
- Operate out of Continual Improvement.
Qualifications: Minimum 3 years? experience as an estimator in the painting and building maintenance services. Being experienced in industrial rope access and working at height would be an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your proven track record, add value and be part of a solid yet growing business.
Please email managing director Adrian van den Bemd on
[email protected] [link removed]
, cell +64 21370928.
For more information on HAT, please visit their website on