Brightwater Engineering Ltd is one of New Zealand?s leading engineering companies operating from branches in Auckland, Nelson and Greymouth. We are currently looking to employ a suitably experienced and skilled person into the following important role:
Estimating & Production Engineer
- Brightwater Based
- Busy & Varied Production Support Role
Are you a qualified or experienced fabricator, with good computer skills, looking for your next role? Are you a highly organised estimator looking for a new challenge with one of the region?s leading engineering companies?
We are looking for a skilled person to join our production team, to estimate new business and coordinate engineering work packages through our busy fabrication workshop. Reporting to the Production Team Leader, the role is critical in ensuring client and commercial expectations are consistently met through the provision of strong planning, estimating, project management and quality outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following attributes:
- Experience in a similar position.
- Engineering trade qualification preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of procurement is beneficial
- Demonstrated experience in estimating is essential along with the ability to prepare tender documentation
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Effective planning, time management and commercial acumen
- Strength in building relationships and trust with external customers and internal stakeholders
- A responsible and proactive attitude to Health and Safety
The Estimating & Production Engineer will ensure the effective delivery of engineering and fabrication projects, to the client?s requirements, while ensuring positive financial outcomes are delivered to the company.
Applications close: 9.00am, Friday 12th March 2021
All applications, including a cover letter and CV, will be treated in the strictest confidence and should be sent to [email protected] .
Applicants will only be acknowledged where they have the immigration status to live and work in New Zealand on a permanent basis.