Lab Technician / Office Support
Horokiwi Quarries is a privately owned company, which operates a large hard rock quarry in Wellington.
We currently have a full time position available for a lab technician / office support person. There is three main areas to this position. Lab work, weighbridge support and office support.
You will be required to take samples of different products and test them to ensure they meet client?s specifications. Enter this information into our database and send test results as required by the clients. Order emulsion for on selling to our customers. Manage the laboratory and the emulsion divisions for the company.
Provide support to the weighbridge operator on a daily basis as required, and when the operator is away from work.
You will be required to support the Quarry Manager and Company Manager with various office duties.
Hours of work.
Monday to Friday 6.30am ? 4.30pm
Saturday 6.30am ? 12.00 midday.
Horokiwi quarries is looking for a person that can turn up to work each day with a positive helpful attitude, they must have a full drivers licence and display the following skills and qualities.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer service focus
- Must be physically agile and healthy
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to ensure comprehensive records are created and maintained
- An efficient and constructive team player
- Good computer skills
- Previous laboratory work preferred
Horokiwi Quarries is committed to a drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement as well as a pre-employment health check.
What?s on offer
- A competitive salary and job security.
- Full training will be provided for this position if the successful candidate has no previous experience.
- Be a part of a well-established company with a massive future in this exciting industry.
If this sounds like you and you?re genuinely interested in this exciting role, please send your CV with a cover letter to.