Our client is a well-known, highly successful company in the HVAC industry that provide Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration [HVAC-R] solutions throughout the Wellington region. They have a reputation for their quality work, putting customers first, high health and safety standards, problem solving skills and great team environment.
The HVAC-R Foreman position operates, monitors, services and/or repairs a wide array of HVAC systems, refrigeration equipment and associated controls and ensures the safest and most efficient operation for the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration [HVAC-R] systems of the Company?s clients. Types of work include:
HVAC-R Service/breakdown Repairs, Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance
- Complete work requests for preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and repairs to building and occupant owned HVAC-R systems and components.
- Repair and replace systems and components for building and occupant owned heating, ventilation, cooling and associated controls.
- Recording your repairs and maintenance performed in a log and enter data into our computer Software for work on systems such as; package units, VRV/VRF Heat Recovery and Heat Pump 3-pipe/2-pipe Systems, split systems, chillers, CRAC units, AHUs, FCUs, VAVs, Flow Pumps, Pressure Vessels, Boilers, Radiators, Boost Heaters, Humidifiers, etc.
- Inspect, replace, adjust, and calibrate electronic and refrigeration controls, and components.
- Repair, and replace systems and components for refrigerators, freezers, split systems, multi stack, rotary screw, and centrifugal, process chillers, and ice makers
- Could include environmental rooms which covers cold-rooms, multi-temp rooms such as 4-37-deg rooms, walk-in freezers, etc.
- Recover and clean chlorofluorocarbons (CFC?s), hydro chlorofluorocarbons (HCFC?s), and hydrofluorocarbons (HFC?s).
- Store and reuse all types of CFCs, HCFCS, and HFCs, and be able to use servicing and reclaiming equipment for refrigerants.
- Work with and monitor the CFC program.
- The position must have the ability to enter, update, and modify information in the database as well as maintain and keep hard-copy records of all refrigerant handling activities.
- The position must be able to properly use recovery equipment and weigh and accurately record tank tare weights and gross weights.
- The position must also have the ability to perform mathematical functions and correctly and accurately calculate amounts used, net-weight from gross-weight, tare weight, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry, including at least two (2) years? experience working with process chillers
- Competency using oxygen/acetylene torches (soft solder torch), Freon recovery machine, vacuum pump, electrical meters, pressure gauges, hand power tools, sheet metal tools
- Experience working with VRF refrigeration systems
- Experience entering, updating and modifying information in a database
- Experience in refrigeration that includes inspecting, replacing, adjusting and calibrating electronic and refrigeration controls and components
- Experience in performing mathematical functions to correctly and accurately calculate amounts of refrigerants used
- Experience in performing preventive maintenance and repairs to HVAC-R systems and components
- Be able to work autonomously and be honest and trustworthy
- Be willing to go the extra mile and work out of hours as needed
- Be professional, well presented with a positive attitude and high levels of communication
- Have a full drivers licence
- Your skillset and experience allows you to safely and comfortably service a wide range of equipment with minimal specific training but utilising manufacturer?s documentation
- Fully registered electrician with mechanical aptitude
The key to success in your application will be having excellent communications skills, the ability to prioritize jobs, a strong work ethic and self-motivation.
The rewards include competitive market rates of remuneration, company vehicle, phone, product training, Company funded work functions/events and promotional opportunities due to a vision of continuous growth.
If you are looking for a role that will reward you well for your work and provide opportunities for growth and continuing career development with a team with a great culture, apply today.
Applications close: Friday 26 March 2021
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply please a send cover letter and CV to: