Cato Bolam is a leading professional consultancy providing start-to-end solutions for housing, land development, subdivision and infrastructure projects. Our company purpose is ?Creating Great Places? and that is what we strive to achieve ? for our clients, our communities, and our environment.
We are looking for a high performing Project Manager | Planner with a real passion for project delivery and achieving great outcomes for our clients.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a beautiful beach resort location, then this role based in our Orewa office just 2 minutes? walk from the beach and 30 minutes north of Auckland CBD may be well for you!
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively and autonomously project managing and/or being the lead planner on residential, rural or commercial land use or subdivision developments. Your work will include project managing the resource consent and completion phases of projects through to title. You will lead and prepare a range of land use and subdivision resource consent applications for rural and residential development projects of all scales. Depending on your interests and skills there is also the opportunity to be involved in notified applications and giving evidence at hearings. You will need to be a great communicator and have a high level of analytical and report writing skills.
A career at Cato Bolam gives, not only the opportunity to continue your professional development, but to be part of a team of professionals from other disciplines leading projects from concept to completion in a supportive work environment. We are committed to investing in our people and we provide personal development plan support and mentoring to help you grow and take the next step. The incumbent to this role is leaving with our best wishes to pursue further professional qualifications.
? I have really enjoyed my time at Cato Bolam, I have learned a lot and truly value the great team we have here. I have never worked with such a good team of people in any job, so it hasn?t been an easy decision to make!?
Cato Bolam, established in 1972, is a multi-disciplined professional service business and our team of 80+ located across four offices in Auckland and Northland has a proud reputation for delivering high quality services and outcomes. We offer a friendly, flexible working environment and a salary package that is attractive and targeted at the experience and potential of the applicant.
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Project management of client projects through resource consent and 224c completion phases (lead contact for client and key stakeholders, Cato Bolam representative at council meetings, project co-ordination with external parties etc)
- Project management and collaborating with the Cato Bolam and external project teams
- Leading and preparing resource consents (including authorship of AEEs) ranging from simple to complex
- Providing specialist planning input to clients and the project team
- Projects with a planning emphasis, e.g. district plan submissions
- Presentation of evidence to Councils
- Project cost estimates and invoicing
You should have at least a Bachelor?s degree in Planning or equivalent and 6+ years New Zealand planning and project management experience. You will also have:
- An outcome focused approach to delivering great project outcomes
- Team building and relationship skills that positively contribute to leading and managing projects
- An ability to collaborate, encourage and instigate discussions to deliver projects
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A willingness and ability to learn and apply new skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Ability to prioritise tasks among numerous projects
Hours: Preferred hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Benefits: Competitive Salary, employee health insurance, 50% paid gym membership and the opportunity to work with a great team.
If you are ready for your next venture and would like the opportunity to join our team, APPLY NOW by forwarding your application to:
09 427 0072
APPLICANTS Please note: If you are being presented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Cato Bolam.
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that CATO BOLAM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, CATO BOLAM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CATO BOLAM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CATO BOLAM.