At Ko Taku Reo we work to nurture the social and emotional wellbeing of New Zealand?s Deaf and hard of hearing children and help them form their own identity; as well as providing support and resources to help them reach their academic potential. This new organisation came out of a journey to merge Kelston and van Asch Deaf Education Centres. You will be joining a nationwide team?and you will share their passion and enthusiasm for delivering high quality education and services to Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) students and their whanau we support.
This is a fixed term role for six months. In this role you will carry out a variety of functions all set to support the [email protected] team. This is set to work within a fast-paced team delivering excellent service across the breadth of the group. You will be working with a variety of tools and systems including Student Management Systems and Learning Management Systems. These systems are used to ensure we know what is needed for our student base, how we can best communicate with them and appropriately educate and support our students.
The [email protected] Assistant's role ensures the smooth running of the administrative processes of the [email protected] resource including; administration of the Communicator/Educational Interpreter budgets, letters, contracts, NZSL tutor timetables and regular communication with local schools and Resource Teachers of the Deaf throughout A?tearoa NZ. The role works under the direction of the [email protected] Lead and Director's Assistant.
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities
- Strong administration skills at senior level evident through career
- In depth applied knowledge of the full Office 365 suite
- Advance data capture and analysis skills with experience developing reports
- Diary management and strong communication around this using a variety of channels
- Understanding of the demands of a fast-paced and changing environment
- Solutions and problem solving focused
- A passion for being part of improving and streamlining related processes
- Exceptional ability to work collaboratively and as part of a diverse and geographically spread team
- Proven experience with systems and ability to learn new ones
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a variety of audiences and end users
- Experience customer service and high level of communication skills
- Natural curiosity and willing to be proactively involved across the organisation
The ideal candidate will always be approachable and someone who can engage with people at all levels of the organisation in a variety of ways. An affinity or understanding of Deaf Culture and New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) would be great however we can bring you into this world and help you learn and engage.
What's in it for you?
- Lots to learn and room for growth
- The opportunity to work for a passionate employer
- Working as part of a vital and agile team
- A broad and challenging role with diversity and freedom to make your mark
- Learning and development opportunities specifically around NZSL
- The chance to help shape a unique organisation with learners at the centre of all we do
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining us on this journey where your administration skills will be valued, nurtured and utilised across a diverse team, please apply with your CV and cover letter.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for an interview will be considered for this position. Applications close 5pm, 9 September 2021, however we may choose to shortlist and interview prior to closing so please apply early.