What is in it for you:
- The ability to work alongside some of Aotearoa's most talented individuals
- The chance to make a real difference in the innovation journey of our country
- Learn from some of the best and brightest thinkers in NZ
- Flexible on hours and location
We need someone who wants to:
- Lead our finance and strategic reporting
- Develop and continuously improve reporting frameworks and their delivery
- Join people who are passionate about New Zealand's future through innovation
About this Role
This role will be responsible for setting up and delivering a seamless reporting process. This process will deliver to a range of stakeholders both internally and externally, including the Minister's office and MBIE, as well as the Callaghan Innovation Board, Executive and Senior Leadership teams. You will be responsible for collaborating with our Data and Insights, Finance, Strategy and Government Engagement teams and across the wider business to develop and implement the reporting process, deliver compelling and accurate reporting, and ensure the process can continue to run sustainably. Reporting directly to the Group Manager Government Engagement and working closely with the Strategy Manager, CFO and Group Financial Controller, you will lead our finance and strategic reporting function and will be the go-to for the business for guidance and support.
To thrive in this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent experience in the similar discipline
- Significant experience in a reporting role
- Experience in the development and analysis of reporting processes
- Experience in working with wide range of stakeholders, including at Exec and Board-level, to deliver and approve reporting
- Knowledge of public sector reporting requirements and best practice
- Understanding of government policy development processes
- Understanding of project management principles is advantageous
- A growth mindset
- A strength in collaboration
Callaghan Innovation is New Zealand's innovation agency. We activate innovation and help businesses grow faster for a better New Zealand.
To do this we partner with ambitious businesses of all sizes, delivering a range of innovation and research and development (R&D) services to suit each stage of their growth. Our staff - including more than 200 of New Zealand's leading scientists and engineers - empower innovators by connecting people, opportunities and networks, and providing tailored technical solutions, skills and capability development programmes, and co-funded grants for R&D projects.
A career with Callaghan Innovation will challenge you and provide you with opportunities to showcase your skills and abilities. You will be working with committed, like-minded people, giving you the support to reach your full potential.
To find out more, please refer to the Position Description or for further information please email [email protected]
Tono Inaianei| Apply now
Applications close: 23 September 2021
Callaghan Innovation provides a healthy and safe environment which encourages inclusiveness, diversity, and collaboration, putting our people at the heart of what we do.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand to be considered for this opportunity.