Please note that this role is fully remote and open to qualified candidates in any region of New Zealand, however travel will be required.
ABOUT THE NZGDA
Founded in 2004, the New Zealand Game Developers Association is an interactive media advocacy group whose membership includes more than 50 digital media and video game studios that together generated over $320M in exports in 2020. The Members of the Executive Board work closely with government, tertiary education providers, trade organisations, and cross-industry partners to advocate for the interactive media industry.
The NZGDA has several flagship programs that are dedicated to supporting business and individuals in the game development sector, including the Kiwi Game Starter Competition, the Mentorship Programme, and the annual NZ Game Developers Conference (NZGDC). NZGDC is dedicated to the field of professional game development and focuses equally on actionable and inspirational content while providing networking opportunities for the New Zealand community and visitors from abroad.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Executive Director to help lead and manage the association under the direction of the Executive Board. This pivotal role will be responsible for the operation and administration of flagship programmes and managing the day-to-day operations of the association, and will report to the Chairperson of the Executive Board.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Part Time ? 20-30 hrs/week (opportunity to increase if needed)
- Rate: $45-75/hr (depending on candidate qualifications)
- Location: Fully remote (work from home)
Staff and volunteer management: Lead staff and volunteers to realise the NZGDA?s strategic goals
- Effectively delegating to committees, subcommittees, and volunteer groups
- Manage staff and contractor appointments
Implementation of the NZGDA Strategic Plan: Responsible for executing the strategy of the NZGDA, including activities, projects, and events relating to our key strategic priorities:
- Kiwi Game Starter Competition
- The NZGDA Mentorship Programme
- The NZ Game Developers Conference
- Supporting regional game developer meetup events
- Supporting industry events such as the NZ Game Festival
- Maintain a social media presence
- Advocate and celebrate industry success by maintaining a public-facing presence, both online and off.
Fundraising: Coordinate and carry out key fundraising activities, including:
- Creating a strategic partnership network
- Creating webinars and events for strategic partners that are high-value for both association membership and sponsors.
- Establish local and international fundraising sources
- Nurture key relationships (new and existing)
- Meet key targets to ensure continued association viability
Finance: Ensure the financial sustainability of the NZGDA, including:
- Draft and maintain the association budget
- Manage association activities within the budget and report to the board on tracking to the budget.
- Report to the board against the strategy, budget, opportunities, risks, and issues.
Membership: Ensure that the value for our members remains high
- Meet regularly with Studio and Individual members to ensure the association is advocating for their interests.
- Maintain regular growth in membership numbers
Representing the NZGDA with the government and general public, including:
- NZGDA events
- Public and community events
- On boards and advisory groups that are important to the industry?s interests.
- Liaise with outside agencies, trade organisations, educational institutions, international groups, and the government.
- Represent the organisation to the media with regular media appearances and press releases.
We are looking for a positive self-starter that can operate mostly independently to support the organisation's day-to-day operations and strategic goals. The ideal candidate will have an existing network of government and commercial contacts to draw on as well as experience in the game and interactive media industries.
Ideally you will have:
- Previous management or board of director experience
- Successful fundraising and development experience
- Experience in large-scale program development
- Previous exposure entertainment industry (e.g. video games, interactive media, film/tv, creative technology, advertising, esports)
- Experience in event planning and/or project management
- Positive energy & a ?can do' attitude when taking on day to day challenges
- Ability to lead and work independently, as the majority of the work will be remote
Experience with any of the following would be an advantage:
- Exposure to government relations and policy in New Zealand
- Previous industry-level advocacy work and lobbying experience is a plus
- An existing network of contacts with the media, government, and the wider entertainment industry
- An understanding of basic accounting principals
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and collaborative business tools such as Eventbrite, Slack, and Discord
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Applications will close on November 1 2021.