Please note that this role is fully remote and open to qualified candidates in any location in New Zealand, however some travel will be required.
ABOUT THE NZGDA:
Founded in 2004, the New Zealand Game Developers Association is an interactive media advocacy group whose membership includes more than 50 digital media and video game studios that together generated over $320M in exports in 2020. The Members of the Executive Board work closely with government, tertiary education providers, trade organisations, and cross-industry partners to advocate for the interactive media industry.
The NZGDA has several flagship programs that are dedicated to supporting business and individuals in the game development sector, including the Kiwi Game Starter Competition, the Mentorship Programme, and the annual NZ Game Developers Conference (NZGDC). NZGDC is dedicated to the field of professional game development and focuses equally on actionable and inspirational content while providing networking opportunities for the New Zealand community and visitors from abroad.
We are looking for an experienced Programme Administrator to support the Executive Director and the Executive Board with the day-to-day operations of the association. This role will report to the Chairperson of the Executive Board.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Contract: 20-30 hrs/week (opportunity to increase if needed)
- Rate: $25-40/hr (depending on experience)
- Location: Fully remote (work from home)
Support the Executive Director and the Executive Board
- Take notes at board meetings, call for action items, send out the agenda, send out reminders
- Answer and triage emails from the general email box
- Manage staff and contractor appointments
- Assist the Executive Director with executing the Strategic Plan and facilitate the maintenance of institutional knowledge from year-to-year
Support the financial management of the association:
- Coordinate with the Treasurer to ensure that payments are made and invoices are issued
- Responsible for sending out follow ups where needed
Provide logistical and operational support for association events and programmes both online and off.
- Includes Kiwi Game Starter Competition, The Mentorship Programme, NZGDC and others.
- Organise and facilitate calls with groups who want to do webinars (NZTE, Embassies, other gov?t groups, etc.)
- General event management support and project management
- Set up zoom calls and ensure that recordings are kept
- Coordinate live stream events
- Set up Eventbrite invitations and send follow up reminders where needed
- Set up schedule and ensure that schedules are maintained
- Maintain document storage and organisation
Management of the association?s online presence
- Update news posts on the website and manage website updates as needed
- Approve and maintain the online jobs board
- Assemble and send the newsletter
- Curate posts on slack, twitter, facebook, and instagram
- Promotion of NZGDA events (NZGDC, Kiwi Game Starter)
- Promotion of giveaways (GDC tickets, NZGDC tickets)
- Sharing/ Reposting Achievements from New Zealand Studios (game launches etc.)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
We are looking for a positive self-starter that can operate mostly independently to support the organisation's day-to-day operations and strategic goals.
Ideally you will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Business Applications: word, excel
- A willingness to take on projects as needed
- Positive energy & a ?can do' attitude when taking on day to day challenges
- Ability to lead and work independently, as the majority of the work will be remote.
Experience with any of the following would be an advantage:
- Previous exposure entertainment industry (e.g. video games, interactive media, film/tv, creative technology, advertising, esports)
- Experience in event planning and/or project management
- An understanding of basic accounting principals
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and collaborative business tools such as Eventbrite, Slack, and Discord
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Applications will close on October 8 2021.